Pathology First Staff in Essex
Basildon Pathology First Staff who are undertaking courses of study can join Basildon Healthcare Library. To check if you are eligible please contact Emma Campbell, PF Training Manager or 01268 968256.
As a library member you can…
- Borrow books from any of 21 NHS libraries in the East of England network
- Have an NHS Open Athens account to access core NHS e-resources including major healthcare databases such as MedLine and EMBASE and e-journals. Resources available
- Request books and articles that you can’t find anywhere else
- Request an evidence search
- Book any of the training sessions available at Basildon advertised on this website
- Sign up to KnowledgeShare current awareness service
- Use the library space to study
You will be given a library card, which will be needed each time you borrow, renew or return items. We ask users to read and abide by the conditions of membership listed on the form.
PCs in the library are accessible with your Basildon Hospital IT login.
To register for an NHS Open Athens account please select Basildon & Thurrock University Hospitals Foundation Trust as your organisation and then ensure you have Pathology First in the address field. This ensures you get assigned to the correct resources.